Band Camps are mandatory for all band students and will be held at Paris High School. These camps will consist of music rehearsal, and fundamental marching practice. Band Camp comprises over 50% of the total number of rehearsal hours for the entire season.
For the benefit of everyone, we ask that you schedule vacations and student work schedules at times other than band camp. It is very difficult to “make up” time missed during band camp because the students learn by direct instruction and guided practice. Because there is no “book” for the student to read to help them get caught up, they learn by doing.
RECOMMENDED SUPPLIES FOR CAMP
- Athletic wear appropriate for outdoor physical activity
- Athletic shoes with laces – socks are required (Do not wear sandals or flip-flops)
- Insulated thermos with ice water…LOTS of water
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat
- Energy bar or other snack